why work at seed?
SEED Miami is unlike any other school in South Florida. Our unique, college-prep learning and living environment affords a variety of benefits to both students and employees. Just imagine dedicating your time and talent to a place where:
- You know your students have the high-quality academic and social supports they need around the clock – not to mention a safe and secure environment.
- You begin class knowing your students are well-fed and well-rested; you also know if any of them faced challenges or celebrated successes outside of the classroom in the past 24 hours.
- Class sizes are small, allowing for individualized teaching.
- You collaborate with exceptional educators –both academic faculty and student life staff.
- You are putting your students directly on the path to college graduation, knowing they will receive critical college transition and success support from full-time staff long after they have left your classroom.
- You are a part of a network of passionate, dynamic individuals who believe the same thing: that ALL students have remarkable potential.
if this sounds like a great fit for you, please take a look at our current job openings.
CLICK EACH POSITION TITLE TO LEARN MORE:
As an essential part of the school team, a Mental Health Counselor’s role is to guide students in their personal, social and academic development. Mental Health Counselors at SEED Miami consult with students, families, teachers, boarding staff, other members of the Student Support Team and external providers as needed in order to identify and respond to the developmental needs of our students. They are responsible for designing prevention and intervention strategies in order to guide students on a healthy path toward adulthood.
The SEED Miami academic staff will work collaboratively to prepare students for success in college and the global workforce. They will recognize and embrace that they are responsible for the academic, social, and emotional development of children and build the relationships with students, families and colleagues to actualize our mission.
The primary purpose of the Split-Shift Resident Advisor is to monitor students during the morning hours prior to the start of the school day and provide additional support in the Student Life Program during after school and evening hours. Split-Shift Resident Advisors will report to and work with the Overnight Manager to handle all emergencies and student issues that occur during the morning hours.
The primary purpose of the Bus Monitor is to oversee behaviors on the bus and ensure that our students are dropped off safely at their designated locations and are picked up in a timely manner.