SEED Miami's College-Prep Culture.
SEED Miami’s curriculum is designed to provide students with the advanced academic skills needed for success in college, the non-cognitive skills they need to persist in college, and the social-emotional needs to overcome existing barriers. It is grounded in the philosophy that we must clearly articulate the competencies and skills that every student should have entering college and then back map those throughout every grade level. SEED Miami’s curriculum is standards-based and aligned with The Florida State Standards and David Conley’s Standards for Success.
We believe that exposure to a myriad of materials, content, literature, and cultural and social elements provides students a well-rounded education. In grade six, students are exposed to a wide-range of new and exciting experiences that enhance their learning and growth. In seventh grade, students build upon their prior knowledge and begin more rigorous coursework including Pre-Algebra. By eighth grade students experience academic growth that will prepare them for our rigorous pre-college high school program.
highlights of our program
- 15:1 Student to teacher ratio
- Single-gender middle school classes
- Small group targeted interventions in reading, math, and writing
- Small group enrichment opportunities (Robotics, Fairchild Challenge, Interactive reading and math programs, book clubs, etc.)
- ESE and ESOL accommodations provided by highly qualified teachers
- Dedicated staff who work at all times of day to facilitate SEED Miami’s 24-hour learning environment
- Daily D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read) time
- Individualized support and instruction
- Speech and language services
- Opportunities for parent shadowing
- Caring, highly qualified staff
- Daily study hall for all students
- Online gradebook and parent portal